Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Film=Escapism

As human beings everyday we do tasks that crush our souls. From the job you can't stand to the wife or husband that nitpicks you to the point you feel like hitting them with a shovel and burying them in the backyard. For myself i only really have two outlets where i feel no stress and i feel truly happy. The number one greatest thing in my life is my daughter, that's plain and simple. The other thing happens to be film. Movies in general whether it's a blu-ray disc or a busted up vhs copy of evil dead 2. For those two hours i have no stress. For those two hours my problems melt away and i am solely focused on how Riggs and Murtaugh are going to solve the case. I want the fantastic and weird. I want to be entertained. I want to forget about my god damn problems for two hours and sit in a dark theater and eat overpriced popcorn and wonder how the fuck does Michael Bay get to keep making movies. Let's be honest that's the American dream and we all know that winner's get to fuck the prom queen.

1 comment:

  1. "Losers always whine about doing 'their best'...winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

    "...Carla was the prom queen."

    One of the greatest movie exchanges of all time.

    Great insights into the powers of film.

    ReplyDelete